Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year



I tried a little experiment over the New Year's break.




Whew!



I didn't touch a computer for FIVE days.


For many of you this feat wouldn't be huge.


But over the past two years computer access has become more and more important to me.


Beyond the Dregs I manage another blog, Novel Reviews, and post one day a week at Novel Journey. (I know. I can't believe they'd let me touch either blog. I think there was some sort of mix-up in the paperwork. Don't tell any one, K?)


Then, of course, is the endless correspondence with all of my fabulous visitors and writing comrades.


And would a day be complete without a little mindless drivel?


I think not.


Speaking of mindless drivel...well, maybe not yet. Let me ponder it further before sharing.

3 comments:

Timothy Fish said...

I went for about that long without touching the computer too. Well actually, I had the computer in my cell phone, but I was out where there is no signal for a few days, making even checking my e-mail difficult. I find it interesting, it is almost like with live in a world with two societies placed on top of each other. There are people who are always interacting online and there are people who don't check their e-mail but once a month, if they have e-mail.

batgirl said...

no big feat?? of course it's a big feat. I've considered trying to go 5 MINUTES... but 5 days? Wow. I am impressed. Actually, when I do go cold turkey-- say when I'm camping-- it is usually nice to remember that there's a world out there. welcome back though. glad you had a break. looking forward to chattering about mindless drivel with you...

Kim said...

Kelly,
I understand that break! It is hard when so many of your friends and contacts exist online! I know exactly why Novel Journey and Novel Reviews has you writing for them....because your good at it, and folks like me come back again and again to see what you have to say!

Welcome back! Glad your break was a good one!!

Kim