Monday, August 27, 2007

Scribbles and Scrambles - Christian Attack Dogs

I've written about this before...this being the lack of love the world sees when they take a peek into Christianity. But good things bear repeating. And frankly, I'm tired. So here goes.

I just read this.

I don't want to repeat what's in the article. I don't want to debate the doctrine of sanctification, imply that I'm emergent in my thinking, or that holiness doesn't matter to me.

The Word of God is life. But the Word of God is Jesus, Himself, as well as the black and white crinkly pages I read.

I'm weary of listening to the charges that Christians bring against one another. This issue infects the local church. And is within the battles marked by denominational lines drawn in the sand. I can't see evidence of hurting, seeking souls finding the love of Jesus, His healing, His hope in the midst of this war of words.

Are we called to polish up this thing called Christianity? Is that why we remain on earth? Spiritual janitors making sure that all items are dusted and left exactly as they were when He left. Or is God capable of protecting His own reputation and words as He has done for centuries?

Why is love the identifying mark of a Christian? How do we justify twisting it so it doesn't look anything like 1 Cor 13? And when are we going to see real love within our religion? Or is that the problem? Religion instead of love.

1 comment:

batgirl said...

Amen. "they will know we are Christians by our love, by our love..." I'd love to see that happen, real unity like Jesus prayed for. Let's pray for it. Let it begin with me...