About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Sweet Moment Totally Not Caught....


I went to a haircut party yesterday. Party might be a little strong. A friend of a friend is a hairdresser I wanted to try out. She didn't have convenient shop hours this week but she was doing a color on someone else at her apartment and said I could come on over. While driving and parking I passed a pretty bush full of red berries. 

And even better, full of fluffed up chickadees. I mean full. The fence was covered, the bush was covered and I was driving. 

So after my haircut I went back with my phone and I parked. The birds were still there...not all of them...but lots of them. And I rolled down my window. Uh. Not close enough. So I got out. And the birds flew away. Not all of them. But most of them. They landed close by, but still out of range. 

Finally, I took the picture and just let it be, before someone called the police on the weirdo lady taking pictures in their driveway. Every time I see this picture I'll be reminded of the scene I did see. Little birds socializing and enjoy God's provision. 

Also. I like my haircut. Just sayin.... 

No comments: