Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
All 5 of these books will be given to one of you lucky comment leavers. Any comment will do. As long as you leave me a way to get in touch with you and you have a real address in the US of A you are eligible.
Read a bit about each book by clicking on the title. I haven't read any of them so I can't steer you one way or the other. Don't forget to comment on the Mother's book giveaway from last week. The contest ends on the 31st.
Brought to you by the generous Hachette Book Group.
Asian Heritage Month:
1. Free Food for Millionaires By Min Jin Lee ISBN: 0446699853
2. Trail of Crumbs By Kim Sunée ISBN: 0446697907
3. The Fortune Cookie Chronicles By Jennifer Lee ISBN: 0446698970
4. Transparency By Frances Hwang ISBN: 0316166936
5. Strangers from a Different Shore By Ronald Takaki ISBN: 0316831301