About Me

My Photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scraps and Snippets ~ Sinai Chop Salad



Sinai Chop Salad
Ingredients are cut into bite sized pieces so every bite has a little of everything.
One can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) (If you have dried around, make your own. A can = about 1 and 2/3 cup cooked beans.)
Three heads of Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
Two cucumbers. Remove most of the skin but leave just a bit for color and chop into bite sized pieces.
Four small dill pickles (chopped)
Purple onion ½ to a whole onion, depending on size and your preference (small chopped)
Four to six tomatoes (chopped)

Dressing: (Make this at least the day before so all the flavors marry)
2 TBSP tahini (Sesame seed paste with a very distinct flavor should be in internal section of the store.) (If this scares you, or you don't want a jar of tahini in your fridge you can use hummus)
4 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar (may need more or some water to get to consistency you'd like)
1 teaspoons oregano (dried) or equivalent in fresh
1 teaspoon dill (dried) or equivalent in fresh
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt.

Toss all the salad ingredients into a big bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve with pitas. Feel free to toss chunked falafels into the mix, too.

No comments: