Monday, January 09, 2012

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ That's the Plan, Man....




I set the goal to get a book review posted at Novel Reviews and a post crafted for Scrambled Dregs before I headed off to work today. So far, so good. However, I am currently typing the post for Scrambled Dregs and who knows what drivel is going to come out of my fingers.

I don't have a whole lot of anything of value to share. If you are expecting a takeaway, click out quick before the drivel oozes onto you.

& and I cleaned and organized our new craft room. AKA the guest room. Mostly. I have taken the liberty of posting a picture of the organized closet because I'm sure you will all want to see it. And I should probably have proof that at one point the darn thing was organized. We will put a table in the room and craft there rather than in the kitchen. (This is the plan...we'll see what happens in reality.) Netflix instant streaming is a valuable resource. We set up the laptop, pulled up some episodes of Burn Notice (very addictive, and a multi-task win/win. I'm thinking it is subliminally giving me resources for the going-on-five-years-in-progress-mystery novel....shout out Michelle, see I do think about Frying Pan...). 

Seeing all our craft supplies and scouring Pinterest has, of course, given us ideas. We are attempting to use what we have, craft-wise, and hoping to avoid any, and especially big expenditures when the ideas hit. & has the idea of doing a craft a day in February. I laugh. But, I might be more inclined to do a craft more often if I know where the heck everything is and if I have a room that I can shut the door on to contain the debris.

I also hit the thrift store one more time this month. When our Minnesota friends were here we hit MANY thrift stores. I got a Fossil purse for a buck. Score. And Saturday I scored a wallet for $2.00. But I need to be done. I found so many bargains I need to clean out my closet to make room.

On a food note. We are still eating leftovers from our friend visit. Not kidding. I cut back so much on food I thought the males were going to curl up and die, but yet, we still have some left. Hmmm. Anyhoo. That's been great. I haven't stepped foot in a grocery store for a week, and I haven't really had to be very creative, there's always a side, or a main dish just waiting to be noshed.. Yay. But, we are now out of fruit, down to two grapefruit, and I'm going to have to start being creative for meals again. I am also going to work on a cookie recipe for a contest. So, I'll be in the kitchen lots this week.

Enough drivel for ya? Yeah, thought so. Signing out.

2 comments:

Michelle Griep said...

Well...since you mentioned my name, I'll peek my head up from the mire of lurkdom and say, "Good job little cowgirl!"

But I don't supposed the dude's hair on Burn Notice inspires you to write any Fabio, eh?

Scrambled Dregs said...

So far no extreme Fabio inspiration, but you'll be the first to know.