About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Non-Resolutions


I made no resolutions this year.

I rarely do. But this year was even more low key.

We shared spiritual, emotional and physical goals as we toasted in the new year.

Mine were simple.

Spiritually : I want to grow more in faith, knowledge and wisdom which will require spending time with God both in prayer and absorbing His Words.
Physically: I want to continue, one step at a time, making healthy choices, embracing a healthy lifestyle, helping my body to live long and prosper.
Emotionally: I want to keep my eyes, ears and heart open to the growth and changes I need to be emotionally healing and happy. I want to observe those around me and note the things that I do not want to perpetuate upon my near dear ones, and note the things I'd like to incorporate into my life. And then avoid or embrace those things.

I want to laugh, love and live this life. So in 2011, I will make steps to do those very things.

No comments: