About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Uber-Wife Points Continued




So the "winter" camping outing was intended to be a fun get away with a hike. One wife listened to the weather forecast and decided that she did not need any uber-wife points (or frostbite, thank you very much) and stayed home. So then there were four (two couples) plus two (a wifeless adventurer and a grand kid).

To prepare I pulled out layer upon layer of clothing items and I whined a little, tried to come up with a good excuse for why it would be in Rob's best interest for me not to go.

He didn't budge and so finally I marinated the chicken he would cook for me over a campfire and packed my stuff.


We arrived at our campsite right about twilight. The state park offered haunted hay rides so I was able to listen to the howling of werewolves while I glanced around at the dark foreboding trees that surrounded our campsite.

Rob, on the other hand, was having a blast. Exhibit C and Exhibit D showing the putting up of the two man tent and the sweet little forehead light. His enthusiasm is pretty cute. But that kind of trashes his whole Mano a Mano image so I retract that statement.

Oh, there's still more...to be continued.

No comments: