Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scribble and Scrambles ~ Hoping



Hope and courage...words that resonate with me.

When I'm struggling spiritually, my hope, my Pollyannaish rosy outlook tends to shrink and dwindle into hopelessness. My courage during spiritual testing becomes anemic and wobbly-kneed in my darkest moments of faithshaking.

Even when I realized that discouragement is a lie. It has to be. How can it be anything else? If, as a believer in Christ, I am to be an encourager and an encouragee in the body of Christ, then I am far, far away from encouragement if I am discouraged. If God talks about taking courage, standing strong, and being all the strength I need, then discouragement steals from courage.

How can I, a vessel of the Holy Spirit -- the very heart of Jesus, Himself, how can I be hopeless when I possess all I need to hope?

Today. I choose to hope. Even in the impossible.

2 comments:

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN. I have found this true in my life as well friend. In my weakness God gives me strength. In my weakness the fragrance of Christ comes out if I let it.

God gives me things I can't handle all the time so I turn to Him and reach out to others. If I could handle everything I wouldn't need Him. I would become God of my own life. Tried to do that - didn't work - Not so fun.

Thanks for the encouraging words friend. We need Him and each other to encourage one another in LOVE!! It's the only way to live.

Nora :D

Kim said...

Well said, Kelly! I think each day is a new opportunity to hope, because each day holds its own moments of despair, overwhelming circumstance and plain old bad news. To remember who holds our every breath in His almighty hands...that IS hope eternal for every moment of every day!

Thank you for this tender reminder!!