About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ The Shoes and Other Stuff

Bored Panda posted a bunch of funny parenting tweets. Ha Ha Ha. It says top 10 but goes on for pages. 

http://www.boredpanda.com/best-parenting-tweets-2017/

#37 feels very much like our K...who is 6. Yesterday I went to the store with the herd. Seriously. There was a herd. We went to get tennis shoes for the 10-year-old. K wanted new shoes. One (one of) of her pair of dress shoes is getting too small. Her mother put her foot down. K even brought up the wedding she's in in November, surely she would need shoes for that. No worky. 

Now, I have to admit that I'm a pushover sometimes. An easy mark. A weak link. In the store K who chose to rid in the cart suggested we go look at shoes in her size. Then pointed out certain features. When I stood firm I was dismissed. At least she's not the Queen of Hearts...I kept my head. 

And bonus. Have you seen the Macklemore video with his 100 year old grandmother? 😂😂😂 http://www.boredpanda.com/music-video-100-year-grandma-birthday-macklemore/

No comments: