Perfect summer meal salad. Yum.
QUINOA THAI SALAD
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium is what I used)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- Zest from 2 fresh limes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in coconut milk (1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups coconut milk. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 minutes.) (Rinse quinoa first unless the package says pre-rinsed.)
- 1 package broccoli or cole slaw or cabbage as preferred. You could also use prepared noodles, too.
- Additional add-ins or sides to toss onto the salad - bean sprouts, spring pea pods, cucumber slices, chopped red, orange or yellow peppers, chopped green onions, dry roasted peanuts, cilantro washed and long stems removed and chopped, toasted unsweetened coconut, hot pepper flakes.
In a food processor, puree the dressing ingredients.
Prepare add-ins and slaw, cabbage or noodles. If making a large salad toss everything together. If doing individual salads just set out the different ingredients in bowls.