About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Is Acknowledging My Crazy as Crazy the First Step ?

eager recipe tester
I have a twisted tendency to over do. My mom, when she reads this is going to agree. 

See, before Rob's knee melted down I decided to host a little workshop at my church that will help newbies figure out how to add kale, flax and quinoa to their lives. A blurb would go into the bulletin asking the interested to let me know and I had a plan to teach hands on and then we'd eat our yummy experiments. I half anticipated that there would be next to no-one interested in this little adventure. But now that I have a dozen plus coming, I'm thoroughly committed. 

Sigh. 

It's completely my own. I could have yanked the announcement or rescheduled due to Rob's knee issue. Or I could show up with a bag of kale, a bag of quinoa and some ground flaxseed cookies and a few recipes to take home. This thing is under my control. 

But I want to make a Kale Pesto White Bean soup. And Rosemary Onion Quinoa flatbread. Mocha Peanut Butter Quinoa No Bakes, two kinds of homemade kale chips. Oh, and popped quinoa rice krispy treats. And a thai quinoa salad. Flaxseed cookies and.... 

Of course, these ideas are going to be something I'm going to have to at least pre-test because I'm just not content with one thing showcasing each of these ingredients. There have to be options. Lots of options. And I love to experiment and mess around with food so I'm not even going to just find a recipe and see if we can recreate it. I'm going to make this adventure fun for me. 

Good news, I have made the flat bread, just not the onion and rosemary version. And kale pesto and quinoa no bakes but those need to be tweaked. I do have bar recipes made with flax eggs, so I think those won't be an issue, maybe I won't even be tempted to veer. And honestly, I'm spending time at home with the man, so it's not a real big deal. 

No doubt you will see some recipes and hear some ridiculous feedback from the event. 


No comments: