About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Dog's Life

Yesterday we finally got a legitimate fall day. We had a few in August. Weird. Lovely. But super unusual.

 August in Iowa is almost always the pits. The Grant Woods rolling hills turn a crispy tan shade of monotone. The heat makes for seriously cranky folks. And I don't know about you but the heat is an energy sucker for me. Since we had two great weeks in August it stayed a little hotter than normal all the way to the end of September. Granted, I'm thrilled that the heat in September is nothing like July/August heat, but I really LOVE my autumn weather. I want cool, crisp and fragrant. 

So I think it's finally here. The girls must agree. While I was running around like a crazy woman doing cleaning and folding and spindling and mutilating they found a nice warm spot in front of the door. Sun dogs. 

No comments: