Thursday, May 07, 2015

Serials and Scenarios ~ Gardein Fishless Filet Review

I can't say I'm a "fan" of fish sticks. Honestly, I never have been a fan of fishy smells or tastes. BUT I used to really enjoy shrimp so I realize this is kind of freakazillaish. Because shrimp is pretty fishy. 

Rob loves fish though, and I thought I should give the fishless filet a shot. If I couldn't stomach more than a bite he'd eat them all. And if not that, then there are the dogs. 

At $4.00 a bag and the Target convenience factor I had very little to lose. 

I baked them. All of them. Rob ate his with tartar sauce. I used an orange soy concoction I had in my fridge. He asked twice if they were vegan. 

The dogs didn't get any. 

These freakish little things reminded me of the fish sticks I ate on occasion as a kid or when my kids were kids. The crispy outside, flaky inside tasting of the sea or lake,  and the aroma filling the kitchen with memories. Yeah. It's completely a fish filet. The breading is a heavier than a tempura batter but kind of reminded me of the lightness of tempura. Go to the link below and check out the nutrition stats and ingredients if you are interested. There are some recipes as well. 

Bottom line. If you are looking for something fishy to scratch that little itch and you'd rather not eat meat, reel in some of  Gardein's Fishless Filets

No comments: