About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Nailed It!!!!


 Yeah. I know. Nailed it is used for Pinterest fails. But honestly, I am going to reclaim it as a victory chant. 

My 1,000 item declutter, discard, purge is done and done 9 months early.  I haven't been on top of bagging things up since the last big purge for my son's fundraiser garage sale and I had to stop that day without meeting my goal because I'm down to having to become more thoughtful. Yesterday, I decided I was going to finish and finish strong before April 1st dawned. 

So I opened up some cupboards and really looked at a couple of items that have been on my list as the next ones to go. And I asked myself when I was going to use them? How they were enriching my life by hanging out in the closet? Then I wondered out loud how someone else might see those items as a blessing, a joy, a need met, and the decision became easy. Then I looked at my clothes again. I asked each item. Yes. Literally, I asked out loud to some of the more unique and quirky pieces. I forced myself to think of two other items in my closet that could be paired with each item so that I have two potential outfits for each item. Another dozen items couldn't answer that question appropriately so out they went. 

Guess what? I'm not going to quit. I think I need to question all of my belongings. And remember how freeing it is to let something fly away to someone who really needs it. 

No comments: