About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Some Success with Crafting and Repurposing

The weekend included some crafting time. With Michelle and Ada here with Ada under-the-weather (uhhh, not so much, but she did have stitches so she was restrained or running free with puppies restrained...so not so much down time as we expected...but I digress) Michelle and I planned some crafting. 

She is redoing her downstair living area after a forced remodel due to lots of rain and a sump pump issue. UGH. But that's her post. She made some pretty cool things. 

My focus was making gifts, using up some items I purchased to repurpose or repaint, and finishing up a couple of things that had been bugging me. 

My first project was to repaint my folks farmhouse window yard decor.  This time I did something a little different, very colorful and super cool. (I think) I have some varnish to add and Rob needs to silicone the glass into place so pictures later. 

Secondly, I wanted to make a couple gifts. I found out that & says "I love you to the moon and back and a million times around" to her kids. And I found out the girls need a few more pieces of decor in their room. Blue and silver and yellow and blue were the color needs. So. I made a box to hold jewelry and hair pretties that says "She leaves a little sparkle everywhere she goes." And two little metal wall pockets that say "I love you to the Blue Moon and back and a million times around" She'll stuff them with silver star garland. 

And then I had a brain storm. My brother's wedding is coming up real soon. He and my future sister-in-law have a special connection to the whole blue moon thing. The wedding will be casual and quirky. So I couldn't resist the sign and the box with their initials and a big blue moon theme. 

For me? I'm not done yet. I have a few more projects, but the one I finished is perfect in my book. And repurposing. Yay. 

I have a spot on my picture wall that is too high for pictures and I wanted the perfect square item to put in it. I found a cabinet door at a thrift store and intended to paint it. I also had some words...live, laugh, love that were boring, blah, brown metal. 

I painted the board, put some paint on the edge of the words and wired it all together when it was dry. 

I love it. So me. 



No comments: