About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Scraps and Snippets ~ Almond Pastry ~ Easy Vegan


12 ounces vegan cream cheese (I like Trader Joe's) 1 and 1/2 tubs is 12 ounces
2 packages vegan crescent rolls (again, Trader Joe's are currently vegan and I like them)
2/3 Cup agave
2 tsp almond extract 
1 tsp vanilla extract
Additional TBSP or two of agave
1/4 Cup or so of slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350

Press one entire package of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan sealing up the seams. I lightly greased the sides and bottom.

In a food processor/blender combine the 2/3 cup agave, the cream cheese and the extracts. Process until completely incorporated.

Spread mixture over the crust base. 

Open the other package and press into a 9 x 13 in one or two rectangles (you can get fussy and use waxed paper and a roller and roll it out into a 9 x 13 sheet. I pressed each half of the dough into long rectangles and overlapped them a bit.)

Squirt additional agave over the top crust. Spread out a bit, sprinkle with almonds. The agave helps the nuts stick.

Bake 24-29 minutes until top crust is golden (I baked it 29). Cool completely, slice and serve. 

No comments: