About Me

My Photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, January 28, 2013

#16 QuitCHIR ~ Connections


Humanity is so connected. Like the Kevin Bacon game I do think many of of are separated by just a few degrees.

I received a comforting reminder yesterday that no matter how out of control life gets, our lives don't spin away from God's notice.

An old connection has suffered a tragedy. And though I'm no longer in a position to come alongside and bring comfort, God still is. And as I pray about this loss, I can know that God has placed others in their lives, and that He is a present and ready help in their time of need.

This is what we were created for, to have relationships, to make a difference, to love and live and leave a legacy behind. Though I've lost touch with this family, the time we were connected isn't forgotten and even now I can pray for them. 

When we are part of the vine of Christ we are not alone. His blood runs through our veins and His Spirit connects us on a level we can't even begin to understand. 

If you have a struggle, if you feel alone, if you wonder if this life of faith is worth it, know that you are not a lone wolf. If you are connected to Christ, you are connected to life, and to hope, and to a future.  

And if you are not connected yet, someone who is may be praying for you.

No comments: