About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Scraps and Snippets ~ Maple Cranberry Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes ~ Vegan Recipe

Maple Cranberry Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients based on four servings.

2 Large Sweet Potatoes baked at 350 until tender. Approx 45 minutes.

(This could easily work in a casserole dish as well, just discard the potato skins and grease the pan.) 

Scrape the cooled sweet potato innards into a bowl. 

Add the following: 

1/2 (small) can of mandarin oranges (minus the juice) crushed or half of an orange, pulp and juice only.
2 TBSP maple syrup
1/2 Cup dried cranberries. 

Mix well. 

Place mixture back into potato shells or in a greased casserole dish. 

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. 

Remove from oven. 

Top with: Sugared Cranberry Pecan Topping

3/4 Cup pecans
1/4 Cup dried cranberries
1 and 1/2 TBSP sugar 

Heat pecans in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir and watch/smell. When they become fragrant after a minute or two, add sugar and cranberries and stir until sugar begins to liquify. Stir until coated. Place in a bowl until ready to top the sweet potatoes.

No comments: