About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, January 02, 2012

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Randomocity...


It's Monday, and though it's technically a holiday, I am sitting here, mindlessly, checking my email, and my inner control freak says I should post.

So. I will post a few random things.

& just said, "why do my crafts always fail?" Notice the picture? This is an adorable owl purse she made out of a thrift store sweater, tie and her creative little brain.

My children rode to the antique store together. Toad-Boy got an Adventures in Odyssey CD for Christmas so they listened to them on the trip. They had a sweet childhood bonding experience.

Our Minnesota friends are upstairs chilling. I just finished a woman-possessed-cupboard-clean-out. I got some fabulous bins at a thrift store and couldn't wait to put stuff in them and put them in their place.

We have a girl's night planned. Jane Eyre is on the agenda and crafts and food. One of the crafters is here and mentioned a friend who had eaten an entire loaf of banana bread in a day. He's started on his second loaf and & told her to tell him that banana bread might constipate him.

I am now also facing pressure on Facebook. Someone just asked to be my friend and who couldn't use a few more Facebook friends?  Then she said she's looking forward to all my witty comments. Oy. Guess I need to work out my wit muscles.

Pretty much sums up what I've done this year.

2 comments:

e.m.b. said...

I played the part of possessed-woman cleaning today too. Feels good to de-clutter (and once a year dust!) at the start of the year. ;)

Kelly Klepfer said...

Ha. Ha. Didn't get to the once a year dusting in a few spots, e.m.b. No one was allowed in my room without a current tetanus shot or dust mask.