About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scraps and Snippets ~ A Farm Report and Dinner Party Deliciousness

Vegan jalapeno poppers and 7 Layer Dip
Heirloom tomato Rainbow

Farming was easy peasy and without injury. I killed nothing, sliced nothing off my body. I didn't fall or slide around inside my mock Crocs and pull any muscles. I snapped Swiss Chard and chatted with one of the farmers. I didn't see a bug til we were packing the boxes. Of course, it wasn't just a bug, it was a big old spider. But that's beside the point.

Really? Do I need to post a caption?

In our CSA packs we scored grapes. Gotta make some jam. And the tomatoes, tail end of season and the survivors of the hail, are delicious. I made Pomodoro for dinner. Yum.

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache

The rest of the pictured food is Vegan party food. A Vegan 7 layer dip, Vegan jalapeno poppers, Vegan spinach and artichoke dip. Zucchini double chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache. 24 was a beast. It was her party, so I got to help and eat. I'll try to pry those recipes out of her. She's kind of a dash and pinch kind of cook. I did de-seed the jalapenos and have been breathing free since I did participated in that little activity.




Vegan Appetizer yumminess

No comments: