About Me

My photo

Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Up in the Air, But Not Locked Out

We had a few adventures this past weekend. Not like my poor cousin, Scott, who got detained at a gas station for an hour in an attempt to get his 6-month-old Wheaten Terrier to retrace the steps she took when triggering the electric locking system. Bet he'll never leave his keys in the car again, ever!

I'll be sharing some of our weekend adventures which did NOT include locking ourselves or anyone else out of a car.

Friday night was to be a night of fun, music, and balloons. But it rained. However, there were three more opportunities to see floating balloons and we thought we'd for sure catch one of them. The next mornings' 6:30 a.m. flight was out of question since we had to begin a road trip at 8:00 a.m. But that evening as we rolled back into town we got to experience a little bit of the thrill.

(Sorry for the lack of photographic integrity. (aka poopy pictures) The photos were snapped on my phone and edited so that we could actually see the balloons. Ha. My good camera was at home. Right where I left it.)

I am really glad I got the pictures I did. Because when we rose at 5:45 to get decent for the 6:30 a.m. flight the next morning, I did grab the good camera. We got there a little late, parked, hiked and joined the throng of people. However, the whole thing lacked something. There were trucks and official looking ballooners and even a random basket here and there. But there were no balloons in sight. And we knew that balloons are touchy and weather has to be just right, etc. etc. etc. but...... Apparently the "start" of the event was a suggested, maybe even random, time. Turns out they weren't even starting til 45 minutes later... the exact time we all needed to be home so we could get ready for church.

: ( Oh, sad.

So. We sucked it up, called it an adventure, and are clutching these substandard pictures to our breast and calling them souvenirs.

No comments: