Thursday, May 13, 2010

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ Drone

















If I received a buck for every time I acted as a secondary alarm clock for my loved ones I'd not need to take an exciting continuing medical education class on radiographic techniques for patient safety. If you ever need me to take your chest x-ray you may be thrilled that the state requires frequent information droned into my brain. But, continuing education doesn't do much beyond annoy me and make a little bit of money for the colleges who offer the classes.

Since I am in need of funds in order to live my life and pennies aren't falling out of the sky every time I tap a loved one and mention "Your alarm has been going off for 20 minutes, Dearest, you probably need to get up soon." I'm glad I've got my job. However, it feels less glad-inspired on days when medical information is redundant and monotone and......zzzzzzz.


Can you tell what's on my mind today? And what got me up a little earlier than I wanted? And what my day might consist of?

Okay. Then. Happy Thursday. Go and rock your world. You might want to get out of bed first, though. Is that your alarm I hear?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel ANY better at all, I have to acquire 24 hours of continuing ed every two years to renew my INSURANCE LICENSE. I have been doing this the last 11 years of my life. I DON'T EVEN SELL INSURANCE and have absolutely no plans to ever do so in my entire life. BUT. The test to become an agent was the single most hardest disgusting accomplishment I ever endured in my life. Therefore, I feel compelled to keep it. So I go to continuing ed that is HORRIFIC!
enjoy your day!
Xta

EER said...

xta, just curious, why did you get an insurance license when you don't even need it? Just curious... Really none of my business, so you don't have to answer if you don't want to :)

Scrambled Dregs said...

Ewww, Xta. Ewww. Insurance would be worse than Radiography!!!! So now you gotta answer EER's question. Ha.

Anonymous said...

Dear EER,

At the time, I found myself in a new and promising job which required I be a licensed property and casualty agent. I went forth and did so...a month later a new CEO took over and moved this drama girl into a better fit-communications position. The rest is an 11 year history.

Hope that clears it up. Funny how when you have faith, make a big jump and just trust it will all work out for you in the end-it can and does!

Xta