Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Scribble and Scrambles ~ To Do List
One of the best things about blogging is that I can actually write a post and schedule it to post magically while I'm busy doing something else.
I'd like to share my to-do list for the day.
1. Get up whenever I darn well feel like and toast the day with french press.
2. Ignore Blogger.com completely, and my e-mail, and the phone...because there is not a phone to ignore and the internet requires a twenty minute trip into town.
3. Read a bit...while sitting in the sun and listening to the sound of water lapping against the shoreline.
4. Decide to create something delicious from a pile of produce, or not.
5. Laugh a little, or a lot, depending on how funny Twenty-Two and Rob are choosing to be, actually, maybe I'll be the funny one.
6. Float on the lake amongst the loons and the occasional seagull.
7. Read a little more. Or take a nap. Or just hang out doing absolutely nothing.
8. Maybe a trip into town for a peek via wifi and over an iced double mocha of some sort.
9. Say a prayer or two. After all, a relaxing week is a GIFT from God.
10. Enjoy every laid-back minute of the day and hope you are having a great day, too.