Friday, February 13, 2009

Serials and Scenarios ~ Colleen Coble






Wednesday we got a peek at Colleen Coble's new release, Cry in the Night. Make sure you scroll down and click to read the first chapter if you haven't yet. And visit Colleen's website and the Amazon page for more info. Now. Colleen was kind enough to come and play at the Dregs.

Thanks, Colleen, I love your c
rayon answer. : )



Fiction character you would most like to be or most identify with and why?

Bree from the Rock Harbor books has a lot of me in her. Okay, I don’t have a search dog (but I love dogs) and I’m not short with red hair, but I love pistachios and the wilderness. I’ve got a lot of Native American blood and I’m drawn to places that are still just a little untamed.


If you could change something in any novel, what would you change about it and why?

I would change the title of Anathema. People don’t know how to say it or what it means and it caused more confusion instead of illuminating what the book is really about.


What crayon in the box describes you on a good day? Bad day? Which one do you aspire to be?

Yellow. I’m an optimist and nearly always look on the bright side. Even on a bad day I’m likely only to tinge a bit to gold. LOL It drives some people crazy but I can’t help it. I’m always aware that God is in control.



If you were assured of writing a best-seller, what genre would it be? Give us a sliver of information, a characteristic or glimpse of a scene.

I write my favorite genre—romantic mysteries with a strong dollop of romance. I’m blessed to be living my dream of writing what I love to read. I love everything about the writing life—from the promotion to the actual writing.



What period of history intrigues you the most?

Funny you should ask that because the next book I’m going to be working on is a historical novel. I asked my publisher a couple of years ago if I could write my typical novel in a historical setting and my editor recently gave me the go-ahead. I’m still tossing ideas around but I’m particularly drawn to turn of the century novels.


What makes you feel alive?


I am energized by being around other people.


Book, music, person, food you would take with you on a very long trip.


Book: The Stand by Stephen King. I’ve read it at least 30 times.

Person: My husband Dave. I hate to go anywhere without him!

Food: DeBrand mocha truffles


Where would you most like to travel ----- moon, north pole, deep seas, deserted island, the holy land or back to a place from your childhood, somewhere else? – and why.

Australia! I’ve dreamed of going there since I was a kid. I’ve always wanted to see its vast spaces and the Great Barrier Reef.



Favorite book setting and why?

Hawaii is magical place where I feel totally one with God. Maybe because it’s so gorgeous and serene.


What would you do today if you knew you had only a week to live?

I’d spend it making sure my family and friends know how much I love them. And I’d hold my baby granddaughter every minute!



Super power you'd love to borrow for awhile?

The ability to fly so I could zip out to see my daughter in Arizona once a week!



Societal pet peeve…sound off.

I can’t stand the whole political correctness thing. I live in a small town in the Midwest where we don’t hold to such nonsense. LOL I just recently learned the gal who brings my food isn’t a waitress but a food server, according to the politically correct. Hey, SHE calls herself a waitress in my small town. I mean, it’s just getting ridiculous!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Okay Kelly - Colleen, I loved this! Great Dregs ladies!!