Friday, February 27, 2009

Scribble and Scrambles ~ Din-Din


So tonight, 22 and a friend are rustling up some recipes from this cookbook.


Here's my review of the cookbook. I'll be sure to let you know my review of the recipes!!!


If you are a fan of the website you will likely love the cookbook. With her same voice, flair and creative snippets of calories, serving and nutrition information, Lisa Lillien delivers what she promises. I found myself marking more recipes to try than I thought I would. Folks who are looking for more nutritious choices might want to look a little deeper before purchasing. The recipes in Hungry Girl can be summed up as fast/snack food menu made with low/non-fat, sugar-free substitutions so it almost tastes like the real deal. I personally don't like the idea of adding more chemicals to save calories and fat and won't use most of the recipes because of that. Lillien covers breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and drinks including alcoholic and coffee. But with a few minor tweaks I will be able to serve some delicious and nutritious meals/snacks to friends and family thanks to Lillien's research and creativity.

1 comment:

The Book Club Network - TBCN said...

I LOVE this book. I have made serval things in this book that I LOVE and so do my childre. It is wonderful.

I'm glad to see this book on your site. :D