About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ I'm NOT Bitter


Just for the record.

I DIDN'T get the sweet comforter I bid on.

And I missed it by....drum roll........... Wait, let me digress for a moment.

Okay. The Wii I missed by a hundred. That I dealt with by going to a local store and actually finding one on the shelf. Take that E-Bay entrepreneurs.

The items I won were great deals. Three out of twenty and counting. But they were a bit of work. I think we could call it sweat equity. Very stressful watching to make sure someone doesn't swoop in and beat you by a few dollars.

Today was a crazy busy day. I checked once, three hours to go it looked like I still had the winning bid.

Then, I checked my e-mail. The dreaded notice. I lost it by a ....resume drum roll.... a stinking dollar!!!!!

Grrr.

Now I'm determined. And I'm really going to dig deep. Chocolate brown, great-priced comforters/quilts, consider yourself on notice. You are hunted and fair game. Do not make me send Josh after you.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Kelly! You've got it BAD girl!! Have fun!

Kim