About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Scribbles and Scrambles ~ I Was Only ACTING!


As promised. Details regarding my new mini-career as an....(drum roll) actress.

My brother has begun a small film production company here in the heartland. Think Alexander Payne on a slightly smaller scale. A shorter scale.

It so happens that the first production "Sold Out" was in need of a mother figure.

You can view me in all my glory while my film son, husband and leech stare at me after I tried to ease the tension of the moment. I forgive my brother for the angle of the shot. Want to see it? Ready, set, click.

The above accompanying picture is much more flattering : ).

My part consisted of two lines. Actually three with a very crucial pause between two of them. The scene was stolen by one actor with zero lines. But I did feed him which kept up his strength.

As for prior acting skill builders, my first film experience was a Public Service Announcement in which I played a crowd member. The director singled me out and spoke to me. I made a big impression. This is what he said. "Hey! You in the brown. Quit smiling. This is a serious scene!"

Obviously my brother didn't read that on my resume.

Once the film debuts I will provide a link so you can watch it. I will warn you that it may hover around a PG-13 rating. I will also inform you that you should expect to laugh.

Hopefully my mothering skills will be required in future flicks. And if you want an autograph, just let me know. : )

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ok, Kelly....this is very neat!!! I can't wait to see the clip. I will say I don't fully understand all of the production lingo, but hey! I can learn if it means I get to see my blogger buddy acting!

Very cool! I was huge into drama in high school. This makes me want to try again!

Kim

Birdie said...

I was so excited to see you but I don't see your face anywhere at that link - shoot!

Kelly Klepfer said...

Def not a face shot!

We'll see what comes out in the wash. The directors cut cometh. : )