Monday, May 12, 2008

Scribble and Scrambles - Reality of the Value of a Dollar


This will possibly border on crass. It will definitely be a strange post. Oh wait, I guess most of them are.


When shopping at Target today I discovered something.


A majority of our hard-earned money goes toward things that make waste more aesthetically pleasing. Don't get me wrong, chances are really good that I won't make any major changes in my spending habits, but, well, it's something to ponder at nearly 10 p.m. on a Monday evening.


I spent $30ish at Target. A pair a clearance Capri's cost under $7.00. A bag of cat litter $2.40, chips $4.00, and a large industrial sized package of toilet paper cost $13.00.


What's wrong with this picture? How about $15.00+ for waste management, that's what.


Like I said, there won't be a lot of big changes on the horizon, but life is just like that, eh?

1 comment:

Birdie said...

tip number one, don't, I repeat, don't shop at Target for toilet paper. I'd have unimaginable guilt if I bought toilet paper there - hee hee