About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Scribble and Scrambles - Reality of the Value of a Dollar


This will possibly border on crass. It will definitely be a strange post. Oh wait, I guess most of them are.


When shopping at Target today I discovered something.


A majority of our hard-earned money goes toward things that make waste more aesthetically pleasing. Don't get me wrong, chances are really good that I won't make any major changes in my spending habits, but, well, it's something to ponder at nearly 10 p.m. on a Monday evening.


I spent $30ish at Target. A pair a clearance Capri's cost under $7.00. A bag of cat litter $2.40, chips $4.00, and a large industrial sized package of toilet paper cost $13.00.


What's wrong with this picture? How about $15.00+ for waste management, that's what.


Like I said, there won't be a lot of big changes on the horizon, but life is just like that, eh?

1 comment:

Birdie said...

tip number one, don't, I repeat, don't shop at Target for toilet paper. I'd have unimaginable guilt if I bought toilet paper there - hee hee