About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Scribble and Scrambles - Flying Toasters



You know how it is...you wake up early in the morning planning on going about your business and getting your ducks in a row. Only one more step before you slip out the door and head to work.

You slide two Pop-tarts into the slots.

The LAST Pop-tarts.

Now this particular toaster has maybe been in the family for a few years. Occasionally there is a little flare-up within the workings of the toaster.

One could consider it temperamental, others might just call it acting up.

A new toaster rests in a cupboard awaiting the iffy toaster's imminent demise.

But certain family members can't quite bring it upon themselves to get rid of a perfectly good toaster. The issues are rare, really, and what's a burnt piece of toast in the scheme of things? Especially when there are two hounds who would consider overly browned bread a treat.

Enter the Pop-tarts. Did I mention they were strawberry?

So, have you ever seen a toaster fly?

The new one is working great.

Hope you have a perfect Pop-tart day.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Another area I CAN relate to! We just replaced our toaster! Ornery things aren't they?

He!He!He!

My favorite Dregs author strikes again! Have a blessed day Kelly!

Kim

Birdie/That Girl said...

you still use a toaster?!?
*L*
I'll take one, slightly burned, Hot Fudge Sundae Pop Tart with butter while you're toastin'.

Kelly Klepfer said...

Coming right up, Thatty.

Suppose there is a toaster on the fritz conspiracy, Kim?

Birdie said...

you might like her
http://meyersonthehood.blogspot.com/2008/03/yall.html

Birdie said...

oh, p.p.s., I have something for you over at my blog.