About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Serials and Scenarios - A Widget....Explained


The media likes to paint a pretty dismal picture of our future. Woe, woe, woe -- it is in the hands of today's teens. Sure. There are Brittanys and Lindsays...but haven't there always been young people who set out to self-destruct?


I've seen and heard some of the "other" kids who are growing into adults and will be voting, serving our country and parenting yet another generation.


At the Iowa caucus I attended I was shocked at the number of late teens and twenty-somethings who turned out in droves to support their candidates.


My children floor me almost daily with their mature choices and selfless behavior. Our son will teach high school in a few short months after putting himself through college, our daughter is in church leadership, our youngest volunteers at a hospital.


Iraq is full of young men and women are willing to give up their lives for a cause they believe in....freedom.


So I'm not willing to buy the hopeless message.


The Do the Hard Thing widget (panel left and above) will take you to a website that will introduce you to two other very impressive teens. A friend, Callie, and I will be back in a few weeks to talk about their book, but go check it out now...

1 comment:

<---That Girl said...

I'm thankful they're still out there. This world is about to need them in the worst way. I wonder many times if we as a nation have what it takes to keep the rights we have. I see them slipping away so quickly via politicians, though i truly believe that God has a master plan. I wonder if we will have the gumption to stand up and hang on to our freedoms...It's good to see a glimmer on the horizon.