About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Scribbles and Scrambles - More Pet Poetry


Why oh why is your tongue in my ear?
At two a.m.?
Why do you need me
When I'm walking down the stairs?
If I call you, you stare
As if I am mute.
Then you turn your back.
But while I sleep, or read
or eat. Or work or try to walk through a room
you bat or purr or meow or pose.
A better name for a cat -- a not? Or a won't?
Feral gave me some three a.m inspiration. I've changed times in the poem -- poetic license and all that.
Is Kim the only one with good holiday memories? I expect a few more. I'm working on mine. It will involve music perchance.
And tomorrow...James Scott Bell - you really won't want to miss his answers...





1 comment:

Diane said...

Love it! Knew from the first phrase....this was a CAT!!! I vote "a Won't!"

Perfect.

Diane