About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Scribbles and Scrambles - Should I Be Disturbed?

A flyer arrived in the mail.

This is a VERY common occurrence.

What wasn't so common was one of the featured items.

I'm all for items that remind me of what I should be doing and what my priorities are and all that.

But my mind refuses to look at things on the black and white one-dimensional level of reality.

The item -- actually a series of items -- very small polished pieces of glass in a rainbow of colors. And on each "stone"was printed Gal 5:22-23 and one of the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

This was my first thought. "Cool. Pretty glass."

My second thought. "Hmmm. So if I'm having a really bad day and am lacking in one of those areas, would one of these gems actually help?"

My third thought. "So. Like, if I was lacking patience with a person, I could whip the patience piece out of my pocket and fling it at them."

Then I laughed.

All by myself.

And now I'm telling you. HeeHeeHee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is why I love you! Hilarious.
X-ta

Kristi Herbranson said...

I'd throw "self-control" at them too!

Funny writing!

Janet Rubin said...

laughing with you. the christian-stuff market cracks me up!