About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Serials and Scenarios - Off the Record




Click on the cover to see more about Off the Record.

Visit Beth.




My Review:







Elizabeth White's Off the Record ended up surprising me. I expected a typical romance boy meets girl etc. etc. But what White manages to pull off is a sweet look at the damage done through kept secrets and truth's freeing power.

Charming characters and situations full of humor, tension or sweetness made this book a quick read. The revealed secret ended up holding a few surprising elements.

I was pleased to find that my favorite character from the book, Matt, will be starring in White's next release, "Controlling Interest."

One note to very cautious readers. White uses slang throughout. If you make it a policy to NOT veer from conservative Christian fiction you may find some words and situations offensive.

Those looking for a humor infused read, romance lovers, and women's fiction junkies should find much to like in "Off the Record."

1 comment:

Beth White said...

Thanks for an insightful review, Kelly. Happy to have surprised you! :o)
Beth