About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Scribbles and Scrambles - Beware of the Names.

I've mentioned how much I love a dry sense of humor and sarcasm.

My brother is masterful in the art of repartee.

I usually speak to him via G-Mail. I see his little circle lit up in an inviting green and toss out a hi. Or while I'm slugging away at something that seems like the thing to do to move my writing career forward... whamo! A happy little G-Mail Chat box pops up out of nowhere with a greeting from my brother.

I spied his green circle tonight and since I'm avoiding some things I should be doing I popped over to say "Hi! Lil Brudder." We chatted. He hadn't gotten the low down on the puppies yet.

Oh, by the way, the puppies have found a teeny feral kitten who has wormed his way into our house. We are foster care - but unfortunately, the kitten excels in potty training and cuteness and takes no effort on our part - and the foster thing keeps slipping further and further away from our active thought processes.

The puppies come across as liquid spewing giants in comparison to this well-behaved kitten. I will admit that the puppies are even cuter than they were when we got them.

And about as well potty trained.

I'm not kidding.

So I shared the detail of potty training kitten vs puppies with my brother. He said. "Yeah, it's not an accident that puppy starts with P and has a little pp in the middle."

Did I mention I was in a bad mood when I said hi? So I laughed. "You didn't just make that up!"

"I did. I was just thinking that all that was left is u asking y."

So trying to be clever and build on this, I said. "Good thing the girl named them Lily and Lola instead of Cappucinno and Latte like she considered."

And he did it again. "Caffeine is a diuretic, so it was a close call."

Thanks for the laugh, Lil Brudder.

1 comment:

Kristi Herbranson said...

Very funny! Now you're "brudder" has brightened your readers' days as well!