About Me

My photo


Change. I've learned to embrace it, ride it out til the end. Sometimes I'm kicking and screaming, other times weeping with my eyes clinched tight. Once in awhile I ride like a dog in a car, head out the window snorting what life has to offer. Mother to young adult children, a marriage of thirty years, and a desert to mountain to valley waltz with God have shaped me into someone I never imagined I'd be. Life is short and I want to live it. Tears, sighs, laughter and change. Every morsel granted to me. Scrambled, shaken or stirred.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Scribbles and Scrambles - We Have a Winner

Janet, you won the Dark Hour comment contest.

Yay.

You may wonder how I chose you from among the many thoughtful and provoking comments. It was a real struggle, but I’m pleased with the outcome, though I wish everyone could have received a copy of Dark Hour.

I pondered the idea of a "comment-off" where the semi-finalists tried to out-do each other in creativity and wordsmithing. But I didn’t want things to run amuck and crash Blogger or the entire internet.

My clever idea …I sang “Eenie-Meanie-Minie-Mo”, “Pop Goes the Weasel” and “Ring Around the Rosies” while I bounced a pen from name to name. You actually were chosen twice, Janet. Scientific, huh? Gina, you were the next runner up, the Weasel voted for you.

Janet, e-mail me your snail mail addy, and I’ll pass it along to the powers that be. I assume you will come back with a review of some sort…right? Because I’ll soon know where you live. Mwahhhahahahahahahhhha.

Have an excellent weekend everyone. I will be visiting an apple orchard with a church group tomorrow. This adventure involves riding on a large flatbed hauled by a tractor.

If I arrive alive, and with all fingers intact, I’ll see you next week. If unintelligible, code-like or foreign words appear on the blog just assume I’m in a body cast.

If I had trouble navigating a revolving door, can you imagine how dangerous I am around farm equipment?

Shudder.

1 comment:

Janet Rubin said...

Oh my gosh! I don't deserve this. I can't believe it! Thank you so much! I thought I didn't stand a chance with so many names in the hat. Of course I'll review it darling. Hey, we picked apples today too:)